6063 aluminum alloy is a common building profile. It is an Al-Mg-Si medium-strength heat-treatable and strengthened alloy. It is widely used in building aluminum doors and windows and curtain wall frames. It has good wind pressure resistance, assembly performance, corrosion resistance, and decorative performance. All in all, its comprehensive performance requirements are high.
1. After heat treatment, it has medium strength and high impact toughness. It is not sensitive to notches, which can ensure the smooth appearance of the profile.
2. Excellent mechanical strength and physical properties, it can be extruded into various thin-walled hollow profiles with complex cross-sections at high speed. The quenching temperature range is wide and the quenching sensitivity is small. The thin-walled profiles can be directly air-cooled and quenched on the extrusion machine. It has good extrudability and can meet the requirements of heat dissipation surface of various cross-sectional shapes.
3. It has good machinability, good welding performance, can be gas welding, arc welding, resistance welding and brazing, excellent corrosion resistance, no stress corrosion cracking tendency.
4. It is easy to polish with an excellent anodizing effect, which is a typically extruded alloy.
Iron is the main impurity element in aluminum alloy. Fe exists in two forms in aluminum, one is the β phase (Al9Fe2Si2) with needle-like (or flake) structure, and the other is with granular structure. The ɑ phase (Al12Fe3Si), the unused phase structure, has different effects on the aluminum alloy. The β phase of the flaky structure is much more destructive than the ɑ phase of the granular structure. The β phase will make the surface of the aluminum profile rough, have mechanical properties, and be resistant. Corrosion performance deteriorates, the surface of the oxidized profile turns blue, the gloss decreases, and the pure color tone cannot be obtained after coloring.
1. Smelting and casting tools are painted before use to minimize iron fusion into molten aluminum.
2. Refine the grains, make the iron phase finer and smaller, and reduce its harmful effects.
3. Add an appropriate amount of strontium to transform the β phase into ɑ phase and reduce its harmful effects.
4. Carefully select waste materials, try to reduce iron wire, iron nails, iron filings, and other debris into the furnace to increase the iron content.
The molten granular refining agent produced by SATA is a special flux for 6063 aluminum alloy smelting. It has an excellent effect on removing alkali metals and alkali metals. At the same time, the flux is a sodium-free flux, which can effectively avoid sodium embrittlement, eliminate the edge cracks of the product and finally improve the extrusion speed and service life.